I need a holiday, I've not had time off in ages and I'm getting worn down. I released a Perl module to CPAN that wasn't ready and I've no motivation to work on even interesting things...
On the up side we are going to Scotland shortly, for a break, I just haven't got any motivation to plan for that either...
Today at work I was given a copy of the Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 Bible. I wouldn't have bought the book myself, the cover art put me off, but as I've been given it I don't have to worry about that. Obviously it's now a bit out of date but if the content is correct it should still be of some interest.
Last week I took ownership of a nice new Bytemark server. My previous hosting arrangement was a virtual web server over which I had little control. By paying a little extra I get a virtual server that I have total control as if it were a real dedicated server.
It is going to take a while but I plan to design a new site that takes elements from both of my sites, my hosted one and my self hosted one. This will mean that this blog will move to the new server sometime in the next few months.
Other than planning nothing much has really happened since I switched server. I do now control and filter all my own email, which means that I've been able to tweak the settings a little better and got the number of emails in my spam folder down from 400-500 per day to around 50-60 and the number that reach my in-box daily from a dozen or so down to one or two.
Yesterday I made some rhubarb and orange jam. I stuck with last year's excellent recipe for this batch. If we get some more rhubarb I'll may do a batch with less orange for a more rhubarby flavour. This year I had about an extra 150g of fruit in the batch so it made 6x370g pots plus an extra jar of about 250g.